SPONSORED: Portion usage triples following Covid regulations to stay safe
Over the past 9 months we’ve seen a dramatic increase in the use of single portions due to hygiene factors and with the increase in Takeaway offerings.
The UK Government launched a set of Covid secure guidelines for venues wanting to re-open to serve food & drink safely. These guidelines emphasised the need for an increase in hygiene measures, with which it was advised to use single serve portionswhere possible to avoid the use of shared sugar pots or condiment shakers. (Read more)
Portion usage has increased dramatically with the number of pepper portions sold alone increasing by 350% compared to last year, and salt increasing by 134%!
Why have portions become so popular?
- Reduced risk as portions are single use. Portions provide a clean and hygienic option that avoids the spread of unwanted germs.
- Customers don’t have to share spoons/touch open bowls, bottles, shakers or grinders. This reduces consumer touch points and potential contamination.
- Helps downtime as less items on tables that need to be cleaned between sittings.
- Saves waste and the cost of having to discard bowls of sauces or preserves, which cannot be left out at self-service areas or on tables between guest sittings
- Portions have always been great for takeaway food options - there has been a large increase in the number of food outlets offering takeaway food over the last couple of months.
- They are very inexpensive and do not add measurably to the cost of the meal, yet actually offer a great branding opportunity.
Did you also know portions can now be made using compostable paper? Protect the environment & your customers! You can make a sustainability statement too by using our Rainforest Alliance Sustainably sourced Black pepper, Mediterranean Sea salt or even Himalayan Pink Salt.